Sunday, February 15, 2009

coloring 101

Another weekend, another chance to play catch up on the mojo challenge. (These are so much fun!)

Yesterday, we had a second set of friends announce their engagement. Yesterday, I also bought my first couple of copic markers. (I admit, I've been looking at them for ages, especially seeing all the beautiful work done with them, but I'm such a bargain scrapper, I couldn't convince myself to buy a box. I found a few left at the Hobby Lobby, so I broke down and treated myself to a few of them.)Ii also recently got in my new CS from Gina K and some fun stamps from Starving Artists, so an engagement card for them seemed the perfect opportunity to try all of these things. I'm very happy with the results, even if I did get outside the lines a couple times while coloring. (I'll get better at that, right?) I still may go back and glitter the hearts for just a bit of sparkle...

mojo73

CS: pure luxury white from Gina K (card base 120 lbs, stamped on 80 lb); chocolate chip & pink pirhouette from SU
Ink: stazon timber brown
Markers: copic YR00/powder pink & W1/warm gray, real red, cameo coral, perfect plum from SU, cocoa from CTMH
Ribbon: 3/8" and 1 1/2" twill from SU
Embellie: buckle from mini-medley chocolate shades by CTMH, swiss dots embossing folder from cuttlebug

No comments: